Wednesday, July 25, 2012

IoP Author Guide

In Part XIII of my So You Want To Be A Physicist essay, I gave a brief description on the process of publishing one's work in a peer-reviewed journal. Now, IoP has published a handy guide to authors in doing the same thing.

I read it quickly, and both my essay and the guide certainly overlap a lot, although I made specific references to Nature, Science, and PRL. In any case, I'd say that this is another handy guide to have as a guideline for those who are just starting out and trying to publish their work.

Zz.

1 comment:

Just Stuffed Silly said...

Zz:
I'm just going in to 9th grade, but I'm pretty sure I have my heart set on going to school for physics (I hope to receive my Ph.D. in some field of theoretical physics, more specifically Mathematical Physics, but I have A LOT of time to decide upon that). I just read your "So You Want to Become a Physicist" guide, and it really helped me gain a deeper understanding of what I'd be diving into (a little intimidating, but I love a good challenge). I just wanted to thank you for writing such an accessible and entertaining essay, and even though my eyes are tired from reading 40 pages on a computer screen, I can't help but be fascinated by all the possibilities that a future in physics can hold! I really look forward to further learning about physics and mathematics during my high school years (I've always had a mind for equations)! Thanks for the informative essay!

~Audrey F.(14)