Friday, April 10, 2009

How Astrophysics Could Save Heart Patients?

This news article highlights the common factor between the study of planetary formation and the flow of molten "metal" at the center of a planet with blood flow in human.

Still, I'm not sure if I'm being picky here, but it appears to be more about the connection between geology and saving heart patients, rather than astrophysics. I don't see any "astrophysics" in this article, at least not in the traditional sense. Did I miss something?

I would hate to think that geologists who are really doing such work are not having their profession being credited for this.

Zz.

1 comment:

Ben Lillie said...

It looks like the geologists are working in planetary astronomy -- planetary formation and all that. Calling it astrophysics is technically wrong, but it's easy to see how they'd make that mistake. The headline writer probably didn't know the difference and wanted to go with the shortest option.